Thursday 14 August 2014

'' Awkward pauses are a great part of what it is to be human''. - Rainn Wilson, The Office

Hello!

   Well then..Errrr.....So..... !

   Today I discovered that writing my first blog entry ranked highly on my own  awkward scale. For the record...  Ahead of explaining to a customer that their credit card was declined, but a fair way behind explaining conception at a pool bar to an inquisitive six year old.

 I'm Dawn H. You may have gathered from the title of this blog that I am a thirty...something mum in Birmingham, part of a recombined family with the aforementioned daughter, ( on this blog hereon in referred to as minibrum,!) and a pretty but  sneaky cat!

  This weekend we came back from a week around  Dumfries and Galloway. It was fantastic ( please don't leave us Scotland!) Yet holidays have that pesky way of ending!
 So I am going to make it my mission for the rest of this year at least to blog about the ace things to do both in Brum and at home. Hopefully in rediscovering my love for the area,(  dragging minibrum and sometimes Mr.H along for the ride) I can pass some of the love onto you ( my teeny tiny amount of readers) .

 After all, we are the fabulous second city  (...*gives narrow eyes to  Manchester and Liverpool*...).

 Oh and as we are a car free family ( I would like you to join me in pretending it is for the good of the environment. The real reasons involving entire weekends out having good times on a Saturday girl wage  aged 18 need not apply here.. Ah youth!) I will try and list the public transport used for visits.

As my current other loves involve photography, gbbo, reading vociferously and sewing you will probably see the odd mention of those sneaking in too... Okay awkward moment over ? Please feel free to throw me some places to visit in the comments!

See you soon, 

Dawn H



No comments:

Post a Comment